Above is a pic of Lt. Colonel James Galbraith, Regimental Colour in hand, alongside Bobbie the regimental dog and some of the other "Last Eleven" survivors of the 66th (Berkshire) Regiment, making their last stand in one of the walled gardens just South of Khig village, a few miles West of the Afghan town of Maiwand.

Monday, November 5, 2012

"North West Frontier" & "Boer War" ranges back at Wargames Foundry...

Many of you may already know this, but I feel compelled to mention it nonetheless: the NWF & Boer ranges are officially back up and available on the Wargames Foundry website.  Here's a LINK to the North West Frontier range --

(click image to visit the complete NWF catalogue)

...and here's one for the Boer Wars range --

(click image to visit the complete Boer Wars catalogue)

I am no shill or "sock-puppet", and to be honest, in my humble opinion, even after doing away with their previous unpleasant currency exchange and shipping charges, Wargames Foundry figures remain over-priced, but that does not change the fact that they produce what I think are simply the best looking 28mm NWF/Afghan tribesmen ever sculpted, as well as the only near-complete range of Afghan regular troops for the later 19th Century.

So I'm very happy to see all those figures -- as well as their splendid Sikhs, Guides, Bengal Lancers, & Indian mountain guns, available for sale once again, and with the expectation that in line with the company's new policies, they will remain so for the foreseeable future.

When Marcus Ansell first announced the change of direction at the company and their various new-and-improved policies, I was among those who emailed him in an effort to get the North West Frontier and Boer Wars lines up for sale sooner rather than later, and I'm very glad to have this opportunity to say THANK YOU to him and the rest of Wargames Foundry for having done so!  Word is that more of their old 19th Century colonial ranges will follow, which in my opinion is something to look forward to...



3 comments:

  1. Great news. Even though they are expensive it is good to know that they are out there if we need them. I agree, those Afghan tribsmen are fantastic sculpts and I plan on using a few of these in a more modern setting with the Empress modern British Infantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news for the hobby. Bad news for my wallet and lead piles . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, guys,

    Very glad to see I'm not the only one happy about this news! Have been trying to leave this reply to you two for some time, but my MacBook I have some computer glitch that prevents me from doing so. I finally stopped trying and used my phone instead.

    I'm hoping Foundry puts their complete Sikh Wars and Maximillian Adventure ranges up soon as well

    ReplyDelete